Play therapy incorporates play into the therapeutic process. There are a variety of different types of play therapy that can help children. Play therapy is proven to be effective in increasing children's ability to cope with their emotions and regulate their behaviors in a healthy way.
What are the benefits of play therapy?
• Helps communicate feelings and thoughts
• Teaches how to regulate emotions
• Gain self-awareness
• Learn how to solve problems with creative solutions
• Increases self-esteem
• Reduces anxiety and depression
• Gain self-control by understanding how to stop, think and plan ahead
• Increases attention span
• Enhances parent-child relationship